Thursday, February 17, 2011

BLING ON THE BRIDE


Today I got to watch a show on WE all about Bling. It was called "Bling on the Bride." The part that stuck out to me was the part about engagement rings.

Some of the women talking about how big of ring they wanted and how size is directly related to how much a man loves you. One woman said she wanted at least 3 carats.

Tiffany's
general manager was sure to remind people that it really isn't the size that matters as much as the 4C's: Cut, Color, Clarity, and Carat Weight. In fact Tiffany diamonds are cut more for beauty than size. Tiffany sacrifices more of a the raw diamond than customary to ensure the most brilliant and beautiful cut.

Currently, vintage is new again. More jewelry is designed with pave and cushion settings. But some people think that is too bling-y. I love vintage looking rings, but I think I would rather have an actual heirloom with a story.

I have to agree with the Tiffany's philosophy. I'd much rather have a half carat that sparkles intensely than a bling-ed out ring that is dull unless under spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment