Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oh my chocolate

Recently while visiting my best friend and business partner at The Oven East where she works part time, I decided to go into the new chocolate shop, Chocolatier Blue. Oh My Freaking Gosh!

I met the owner who is brothers with an amazing chef who started Chocolatier Blue in Berkeley, CA. His brother makes the chocolates there and sends them here to Lincoln. The Blue brothers are both from Lincoln. The Lincoln location is sparse. But it looks like they may be adding tables and chairs at some point. In the ten minutes I was there around 2:30, probably 8 people (all women of course) came in for chocolates.

They are all laid out in rows on a marble counter, again sparse. But they are all so perfectly shaped, shiny and colorful. These chocolates remind me of candy out of Willy Wonka. They are a little mysterious, almost too pretty to be edible. But they are. Oh boy, they are so edible.

I tried 8 different ones (you get one free sample). The Honey Sage with white chocolate was so delicious. Very delicate. I then purchased 7 more to take home and try. So far, my favorite has been the Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam made with milk chocolate and the Between the Sheets which incorporates triple sec, brandy and lemon with dark chocolate. I'll be honest and say I wasn't a fan of the Pomegranate Jewel with dark chocolate and caramel or the Sweetie which incorporates dark chocolate and chai. But again, flavor is all about personal taste.

After researching, I found that these chocolates are made with the highest fat content butter there is, which explains how they are so stinking deliciously smooth. But it frightens me how fattening my 8 chocolates were. Glad I've spread them out over several days as difficult as it was.

At $1 a piece, these could be a very special and affordable wedding favor. The vibrant colors could add perfectly to any decor. Check out the website, or better yet, head down to Chocolatier Blue yourself and try a free sample. It's at 70th and Pioneer next to The Oven East and Edible Arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment