Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome to Lincoln Wedding Blog

Thanks for checking out my blog. I just want to introduce myself and let you, my readers, get to know me a little bit better.

I have lived in Lincoln since I was eleven years old. I come from a big family. I can remember the first wedding I was in as a little girl. It was my aunt's wedding in Norfolk, NE. Since then, I've been to more weddings than I can count. I went to two Christian schools growing up. That alone got me invited to more weddings than most attend in their lifetime.

I've dabbled in being a wedding vendor. I am the owner of KS Makeup Design and have been doing Bridal Makeup since 2005. I have also been doing wedding videographry with a Lincoln company.

Every since I was about fourteen years old, I have wanted to be a wedding planner. I think it was because of the movie "The Wedding Planner" with Jennifer Lopez. Something about her precise and put-together attitude attracted me to it. I've never been a girl to buy bridal magazines, as I've never been engaged and I don't want to seem wishy washy. But every Sunday, you'll find me watching My Fair Wedding, Say Yes to the Dress, Platinum Weddings and Four Weddings. And I follow more bridal twitter-ers than I care to admit.

My good friend Ashley was recently engaged. It was her engagement that really brought to the forefront my passion and excitement for weddings. One night with my girlfriends, we sat around a stack of wedding magazines and Ashley asked me what colors I'd pick for her wedding. I explained a sapphire blue with steely greys and silver with Lucite crystals throughout the design. All of the other girls there proceeded to ask me what I envisioned for them and I told each of them.

Ashley can tell you that I'm constantly sending her DIY ideas and all sorts of helpful hints. The other night I found myself going through all of my magazines looking for inspiration for Ashley's color palette and look. And I thought to myself, "I could do this all day."

As much as I would love to be a wedding planner here in Lincoln, I know this would be a tough market because of the strong emphasis on family and doing it yourself. So I want to share my experience and possibly expertise on Lincoln weddings with everyone that I can. So welcome to my blog. I hope that it inspires you and guides you along the path to planning your perfect wedding.

1 comment:

  1. being a recent bride myself I'll tell you that I would of loved someone there to help me out. I really lookied into gettting a planner but they all cost to much. That is why I think women in Nebraska most try to plan their wedding on their own, you don't want to waste half your budget on a planner when everything else is just as much but even more important.
    If you are still wanting to be a wedding planner I will happily go into business with you, I actually had fun with planning my wedding on my own and think it would be nice to not be the decision maker, but the person that just makes it happen.

    With Love

    ReplyDelete